“Difficult to find in this condition this first generation Mustang is incredibly solid, free from rust and free from any signs of accident or previous damage. The body panel fit including the doors, hood and trunk is as good as we have seen and the underside is immaculate with virtually no accumulation of oil, grease, etc. The undercarriage is completely damage free and shows no rust. The car was repainted in the factory correct Wimbledon White and, with the exception of some minor paint touch-ups shows very well. The trim tag supports the cars originality and production as a rare 3 speed manual (San Jose manufactured) with black bucket seats. While there are a number of 1965 Mustang's ion the marketplace, California examples with low mileage and limited owner's are becoming very difficult to find.”
San Jose Built California Black Plate Car w/ Northern California Owners
Numbers-Matching, Accident and Rust-Free Unmolested Survivor __________________________ NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out-of-state out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Mustang and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now" policy. Yes, the Mustang can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PHOTOGRAPHS PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS MUSTANG, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE MUSTANG. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP" OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
INTRODUCTION This car is offered at realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 23+ years and enjoys an excellent national international relationship with over 890 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres. Classic Cars Ltd. Pleasanton, CA 925-846-1451
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 1965 FORD MUSTANG COUPE Today, high quality first generation Mustangs in original condition are becoming increasingly difficult to locate with collectors and enthusiasts seeking nice, original rust free cars. This particular 1965 Mustang Coupe is an extremely solid, rust-free, life-long California example and is frankly one of the most "honest" survivors that we have seen. With the exception of the replacement of wear items and quality re-spray in the factory original and desirable Wimbledon White, this car remains in totally stock and unmolested condition. It is perfect choice as California "Born Raised" high end driver, cruiser or occasional car to show at your favorite classic car gathering.
This Mustang was assembled January 6, 1965, in the San Jose (Milpitas), California plant. It has remained in California for its entire life with total of three owners. The current odometer reading of 107,967 miles could certainly be actual as evidenced by the overall solid condition, but documentation to support this is unavailable, so the mileage must be termed "Total Miles Unknown" (TMU). The car bears its original California black plates NCM 421. It has clean California title and is registered through April 2016.
THE NUMBERS The Vehicle Warranty Number or VIN of 5R07C170924 is found on both the inner left front fender and the driver's door tag. It is decoded as follows:
- 5 1965 model year - R Assembly plant San Jose, CA - 07 Body code for hardtop - C Engine 289 cu. in, barrel carb V8 Production Sequence 170924
The original trim tag on the driver's door lists the following:
- Body 65A hardtop w/ standard seats - Color Wimbledon White - Trim 26 Black vinyl w/ black trim - Date 06A January 6, 1965 - DSO 72 San Jose district - Axle 2.80:1 ratio - Trans 3-speed manual - Vehicle Warranty Number 5R07C170924 (VIN #)
MECHANICAL - "C" code 289 cu. in. 200 hp V8 that was reportedly rebuilt by the previous owner
- Factory 2-barrel carburetor
- Newly painted valve covers and air cleaner
- Proper, Ford fitted 3-speed manual transmission fully syncromesh
- Factory 4-wheel drum brakes
- Original 14" wheels w/ nice original full wheel covers
- Older narrow whitewall P205/70R14 radial tires w/ 5/32" rear and 8/32" front remaining tread
EXTERIOR - Wimbledon White paint
- Period style dual pinstriping down sides (a nice contrast to the cars black interior
- Very straight body w/ good panel fit
- Factory correct "289" badging on both front fenders
- Valence panels under both bumpers in good condition
- Nice stainless trim around all windows with nearly no dents
- Very solid rocker panel area
INTERIOR - Black interior
- Beautiful seats front rear
- Black front seat belts
- Nice black carpet throughout w/ black mats; Mustang logo on front mats
- Excellent black door panels
- Good original sill plates w/ Ford logo
- Totally crack-free black dash pad
- Clear gauges and excellent dash trim
- Nice gray sun visors
Gray headliner in good condition
- Nice steering wheel w/ Mustang center cap
- Stock heater/defroster
Both doors, the hood and the trunk lid open and close smartly
- Generally good weather-stripping
- All windows roll up and down easily and seal properly
- Both "wing" wings work properly
- Inside manual control for driver's side rear view mirror
- Original working AM factory radio
Very solid, rust-free door bottoms
- All lights work
- All gauges work
- Very solid trunk floor w/ brand new proper mat no signs of damage or previous repair
- Full size spare tire and original type jack in trunk
COSMETIC CONDITION The car has been re-painted once in the original factory Wimbledon White color. The coverage is very good and the appearance is high gloss, laid flat and presents very well. The small touch-up spots, particularly on the hood and right front fender were performed to address very small, typical chips but do not detract from the overall appearance and originality of the Mustang. The body is unusually solid and rust free, even at the rockers and under the doors where rust can be found especially on cars that have lived in inclement weather. The body is very straight and the panel fit is as good as we have seen on Mustang of this era. The doors close solidly with light touch and the hood and trunk gaps fit are excellent. There are no signs of previous damage or repair either on the body or underside of the car. The car has reportedly been garaged its entire life and it certainly shows.
The factory full wheel covers are in excellent condition and the narrow whitewalls give the car lovely correct original appearance. All glass is excellent. Both bumpers are dent-free with good chrome and the valence panels under the bumpers are good. All stainless trim around the windows is very nice.
The black interior shows nicely with excellent vinyl seats, nice carpet, crack-free dash pad and nice door panels. The light colored headliner and sun visors are also very good and free from damage, tears or fading. The metal panels adjacent to both sides of the rear seat are in fine condition. The rear window package shelf is nice showing no warping or signs of leakage from poor window seals.
The engine compartment is original but shows well and reflects ongoing care. The original valve covers and factory fitted air cleaner have been freshly repainted as result of aging (fading) and to enhance the appearance of the engine bay. The underside of the car is California clean but not detailed. The trunk floor is very solid and rust free with brand new proper mat, full-sized spare tire and original style jack.
DRIVABILITY We love the old Mustangs, especially all original California cars that were built in our "backyard" in nearby San Jose. The difference between cars that have spent their entire lives in California vs. those that have had exposure the elements can be dramatic. We remember our Chicago days when, even in the 1970's the Mustangs were beginning to rust. Today, many Midwest, East Coast and overseas cars have been repaired to address rust issues and they can never be brought back to their original state. As the old adage goes. "It's only original once."
So you ask, what does this have to do with "drivability." Well, in the case of this Mustang, the car seems tighter than most with solid feel and lacing the "creaks groans" of some of the vintage cars that we drive. While the car is in the category of being very original and, by some people's definition "survivor" it has clearly had the benefit of regular maintenance over the years including the replacement of wear items such as tires, brakes, tune-ups and other attention to keep it not only running great, but looking terrific after 52 years (difficult to believe, but true).
We recently took the car on 50+ mile drive (one of the benefits of our job!!) and the mustang certainly brought back some old memories. The car starts immediately, idles smoothly, shifts properly with excellent syncromesh in all gears and the clutch engages as designed and without fuss. The car has excellent power, does not hesitate and runs smoothly and well.
The Mustang tracks straight and stops as designed. Steering is tight and relatively light, especially once underway, due to the size and weight of the car. We certainly do not feel the need for power steering and brakes and actually do not enjoy the lack of feel on some of the overly power assisted cars of this era. The emergency brake is fully functional and adjusted properly. The car does not overheat even in our warm California climate.
The lighting system is fully functional as are wipers, factory AM functional radio, and working heater defroster. The car passed the required California safety inspection with no findings needs.
OTHER - California smog test not required for vehicles 1975 and older
- Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, etc.
- Clear California title with current California registration, paid through April 2016
- Original California black plates NCM 421, transferrable to California buyer
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1965 FORD MUSTANG COUPE - Wheelbase 108 inches
- Length 181.6 inches
- Width 68.2 inches
- Height 51.1 inches
- Luggage cu. ft.
- Curb weight 2556 lbs
- Fuel capacity 16 gallons
HISTORY OF THE FORD MUSTANG The first-generation Ford Mustang was manufactured by the Ford Motor Company from April 1964 until 1973. The introduction of the Mustang created new class of automobile known as the pony car. The Mustang's styling, with its long hood and short deck, proved wildly popular and inspired host of imitators.
Lee Iacocca's assistant general manager and chief engineer, Donald Frey, was the head engineer for the Mustang project supervising the development of the Mustang in record 18 months from September 1962 to March 1964 while Iacocca himself championed the project as Ford Division general manager.
It was initially introduced in 1964 as hardtop and convertible with fastback version put on sale the following year. At the time of its introduction, the Mustang was slotted into compact car segment. To decrease development costs, the Mustang used chassis, suspension, and drivetrain components derived from the Ford Falcon and Fairlane.
Since it was introduced five months before the normal start of the 1965 production year and manufactured alongside 1964 Ford Falcons and 1964 Mercury Comets, the earliest Mustangs are widely referred to as the 1964??? model but are registered as 1965's. Several changes to the Mustang occurred at the start of the normal 1965 model year production, five months after its introduction. These cars are known as "late 65's", and were built after factory retooling in August 1964. The DC electrical generator was replaced by new AC alternator on all Fords. The Mustang GT version was introduced as the "GT Equipment Package". The standard interior features of the 1965 Mustang included adjustable driver and passenger bucket seats, an AM radio, and floor mounted shifter. Total 1965 production of all body styles was 559,451 of which 372,123 were the standard coupe.
PURCHASING COLLECTOR VEHICLE THINGS TO CONSIDER As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from distance?
- Does the seller have Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and local business license?
- Does the seller (if business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD. - Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 21 years. We operate small "brick mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 890 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION - As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- If you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Mustang by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of collectible specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner owners or outside sources. As result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd. 925-846-1451
Body Type Style:Coupe Exterior Color:Wimbleton White Interior Color:Black Engine:V8 Transmission:? ? 3 Speed Manual Mileage:107000 Drive:Rear Doors:2
Also published at eBay.com:
WowCarSales.com - the site is not responsible for the published ads, is not the guarantor of the agreements and is not cooperating with transport companies.
Do not trust offers with suspiciously low price.
Other classic Ford cars offered via internet auctions: